“Insurance companies will use scare tactics to “Steer” customers to use their Direct Repair Program.”
If you choose a DRP (direct repair shop), your insurance company dictates to that shop how to repair your car. It is no longer the shops decision on the best methods to put your car back to pre-accident condition. This is the incentive for your insurance company to save themselves money by choosing your repair shop.
Insurance companies will use scare tactics to “Steer” customers to use their Direct Repair Program. This is a clear violation of the law. Some of the scare tactics include notifying the customer they will no warranty the work or the repairs will take much longer if not done at one of the insurance recommended shops…this is not true!
Direct Repair refers to the “Preferred Shop Programs” that allow insurers to control your repair.
“Preferred Shops” are really only “preferred” by insurance companies. This saves the company money.
Our customers expect the finest in collision repair, and this is what we promise and its what we deliver. Our mission is to deliver it as easily, efficiently, and cost effectively as possible, but this does not mean we will be the cheapest priced shop for your repair.
Rich’s Auto Body has been fighting for the rights of car owners to have their cars fixed right and back to it’s pre-accident condition for over 37 years.
We will make all arrangements for you including towing your vehicle to our facility, to setting up your rental vehicle.
Safely repairing your vehicle is our first priority. Returning your vehicle to its pre-accident condition as quickly as possible.
Each customer receives a written lifetime warrantee for the work performed on your vehicle.
Rich’s Auto Body has invested heavily in state-of-the-art equipment, including computerized diagnostic tools, frame equipment, welders, lifts and tow vehicles to ensure we follow OEM procedures for a proper repair.
We are a full service auto body repair facility. We offer accident repairs, full painting, ding and dent repair, windshield & glass replacement, lease turn-in repairs, car detailing, paintless dent removal and claim reporting to your insurance company.
Our facility is approximately 4000 Sq. feet with 10 working bays, a Devilbiss spray booth, and a private office with a customer reception waiting area.
We employ 3 auto body technicians, 1 painter, 1 painter’s helper/prep and 2 estimators. Our technicians are I-Car certified and GM trained.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
1. You may have the shop of your choice make the repairs. You are not required to use a shop selected by a claims adjuster. However, you are required by your policy to allow your insurance company a reasonable amount of time to inspect the damages prior to repairing them.
2. Only you, the owner, can authorize repairs on your vehicle.
3. We offer free pickup and delivery.
4. Repair estimates will vary. A lower estimate may not include necessary items such as front or rear wheel alignments or re-aiming your headlamps.
5. Your insurance company wants your vehicle properly repaired and you to be completely satisfied with their claim service. You have specific rights and obligations that you should be aware of. Review your policy. Understand your rights.
6. If an agreement cannot be reached between your insurance company and the repair shop, your policy has an “Appraisal Clause” whereby an independent appraiser can be called in to help resolve the matter.
7. You are not required by law to get more than one estimate.
8. Sign releases only when the repairs have been completed to your satisfaction.
9. The vehicle is being repaired for YOU, the owner. You will be required to pay for the repairs upon completion. To avoid delays, it will be up to you to secure payment from your insurance company along with any necessary endorsements from lien holders.